My favorite type of Qigong is called Spring Forest Qigong. I know and have practiced other types of Qigong but I believe that you can move deeper and deeper into this one form. It has incredible healing capabilities for not only healing yourself but healing others. I find that my connection to my spirit and to divine source has also opened up magnificently.
Spring Forest Qigong (SFQ) was developed by Master Chunyi Lin. It is easy to learn and easy to remember. Master Lin’s CDs, books and DVDs are wonderful sources of information. I appreciate his practical approach where he explains the various components of Qigong, including visualization, breathing and sound. He takes something that can be extremely complicated and ‘cloaked in mystery’ and makes it simple for all of us to learn. One of his favorite sayings is ‘good, better and best’. You don’t have to do the movements in a precise manner and you will still achieve health benefits.
SPRING FOREST QIGONG PRACTICE GROUP
Starting in 2016 in Mills River NC – Unity of The Blue Ridge
2041 Old Fanning Bridge Rd, Mills River, NC Donation :$5:00
You do not need to know the Qigong form to attend the practice group. You can drop in at any time. Laura leads you through the SFQ Active exercises and meditations. As you practice Qigong with other people you share your energy and support each others healing.
SPRING FOREST QIGONG LEVEL 1 SEMINAR:
A few times a year, Laura will teach the complete Spring Forest Qigong Level 1 class. The class is 2 days over a weekend in the Asheville, NC area.
Check back for when a class will be scheduled.
- Class includes lecture, short videos, meditations and doing the physical exercises. I try to ‘stay true’ to what Master Lin taught us in the certification so this class does include background information.
- When you have completed the class you will be able to do the Qigong movements and meditations on your own.
- You will learn about SFQ history, purpose, benefits, information about energy flow and blockages.
- You will learn 8 Active Exercises and the Small Universe meditation
- You will also be introduced to the modality to help heal yourself and others.
- CDs and DVDs are available for purchase at the Spring Forest Qigong website.