Energy Healing with Horses
Winter discount for session – $45 until end of March
A healing session lasts approximately an hour or possibly a little longer. Healing sessions can be scheduled on Tuesday through Sunday, including evenings. The cost for a session is $65.
To schedule a session contact Laura via email or phone 201-452-8244.
Please see the section below to answer any questions about the session.
Questions & Answers
Where are energy sessions done?
- The sessions are done in the barn at my farm in Pisgah Forest, NC.
What should I wear and bring?
- We are going to be outside so you need to dress for the weather. If it is hot, you may still want to wear long pants and long sleeves because of the bugs. You should wear sturdy footwear, such as a hiking boots or sneakers. You can take your shoes off while on the therapy table. Please bring water. You can change clothes at the farm if needed.
What happens during a session?
- We will start the session by talking about any particular issue that you would like to focus on and set an intention for the session. We will complete a brief grounding process to connect in with the earth energy of the farm and beyond. You will then look at the horses who will be in an open paddock area and decide which horse you would prefer to work with. We can also decide to allow all of them to participate.
- We will move down into the barn area and you will lay down on the therapy table. I will be at the head of the table and start ‘running energy’. The horse(s) may come over and place their heads close to your body. Many times this spot may be one of the seven major chakras in the body. The horse(s) may move away and come back as we continue the session. At any time you should feel free to gently move the horses away from your body.
Have the horses been trained to do this?
- No, the horses do this naturally. Some horses are more interested in doing it than others. Sometimes the energy that your body is emanating will attract a horse or may not be interesting to them.
- The horses have experienced energy work because I do that with them on a regular basis.
Why do they want to do this?
- Horses are herd animals and have very clear communication with each other. They rely on each other to look out for danger. If one horse senses danger it will be passed on to the rest of the herd and they will run away from the danger if they can. Because they are so sensitive to each other, they are also sensitive to the energy of the people that are around them. They can sense when our energy is not in sync with the flow of nature or is blocked or static. As far as I have noticed, they want our energy to be clear and flowing so that it corresponds with their energy and we fit in with the herd. This is just speculation but it seems like what goes on. This is similar to the peace and relaxation we feel when petting a cat or a dog.
Why does being around a horse feel so relaxing?
- Just being in the presence of a horse is relaxing and can put you into a meditative state.
- Recent studies conducted by the Institute of HeartMath provide a clue to explain the bidirectional “healing” that happens when we are near horses. According to researchers, “the heart has a larger electromagnetic field and higher level of intelligence than the brain: A magnetometer can measure the heart’s energy field radiating up to 8 to 10 feet around the human body. While this is certainly significant it is perhaps more impressive that the electromagnetic field projected by the horse’s heart is five times larger than the human one (imagine a sphere-shaped field that completely surrounds you). The horse’s electromagnetic field is also stronger than ours and can actually directly influence our own heart rhythm!”
- Click here for the HeartMath research article.